During the Spring 15 collections designers were all about accentuating the waist. Waist belts are not a new trend but this season saw the use of sashes and obi belts instead. They were worn wrapped around dresses, tops or lightweight coats. How to make this trend work for you?
• Make sure belt is sitting in your smallest point; it may be above your natural waistline.
• If you like the idea of wearing an obi belt but don’t have a defined waist, try wearing it at your hips.
• Ensure the belt is in proportion with your body scale.
• Choose a belt colour that works for your shape, either a blended colour to create waist definition or a contrast colour to balanced silhouette.
• If necessary, add another layer over the top to lessen the impact of the belt.