This week a client asked for alternatives to her matching velour tracksuit for ‘around the house’ wear. This is one area of our wardrobe that is often neglected because budgets are tight and it’s easy to fall into the trap of wearing baggy and daggy clothes at home.
My tips for finding chic clothes for relaxing;
• look for clothes that make you feel comfortable, wider elasticised waistbands are a great option on knit skirts or pants.
• choose natural fibre fabrics that are easy to wear, think stretch cottons.
• buy garments in colours that make you happy.
• try shopping in discount department stores or during stocktake sales for reasonably priced product.
• also consider wearing garments that you already have in your wardrobe that might be reserved for 'good' that could become something that you wear at home.