Pantone recently released its 'colour of the year' for 2015, Marsala, an earthy red wine shade. It has come with mixed reactions from editors and taken some fashionistas by surprise.... admittedly, I was a little unsure at first too.
But really it doesn't matter if you’re Team Marsala or not, it will be in stores, so here are my tips on how to wear it!
- Try working it back with other neutrals, this season try olive and camel or it can add warmth to black or grey.
- The fabrication of the garment will change the feel of the colour; a luxe fabric can add richness.
- It works well as a neutral worn back with other pops of colour; think yellow, light blue and shades of green.
- As always try an accessory, the possibilities are endless, a handbag, shoes, a stripe in a scarf or a statement necklace....
- Marsala hues are perfect colour for cosmetics too, a lipstick or nail polish is an easy way to inject this on trend colour into your wardrobe.
images: pantone, fashionvibe, mango, fashiontelegraphuk, thegloss, collagevinatge