Inspired by menswear and all things 70s, there has been a new silhouette emerging during the recent catwalk collections, the wide leg pant. This doesn't mean the straight or skinny leg shapes are no longer relevant; it just gives you another wardrobe option. It easily translates to work wear and with any trend, looks great in denim. How to make the wide leg pant work for you?
• Wide leg pants can be flattering to most body shapes as they can hide any difference in proportion between the hips and lower legs; but ensure they skim not cling to your hips and thighs to create a narrow shape.
• Look for a high waisted style to visually elongate your legs.
• Avoid styles with details that add extra bulk to your frame like side pockets or front pleats.
• Style your wide leg jeans with a belt to visually draw attention up and elongating your legs.
• Wide leg jeans look are best worn with shoes that visually add height, think wedges, heels or flat shoes with a pointed toe.
• As always, balance will be key.
There is more outfit inspiration on my Pinterest Board too.