I thought they were a passing fad… but cropped tops are continuing to be strong for another season. Thankfully there was less exposed midriff on the Resort 2014 catwalks. The crop silhouette appeared more modest and grown up, worn with high waisted skirts and trousers or layered over other tops and dresses.
How to embrace this style statement in the classiest way possible?
- Proportion - the shorter the crop, the higher the neckline and longer the sleeves.
- Length - choose a style that sits just above the top of your skirt or trousers.
- Balance - fitted crop, wear wide leg trousers or fuller midi skirt or work a wider crop top with a straight skirt or slim jeans.
- Layer – try a cropped jacket for the perfect blend of smart and stylish or wear a cropped top under a jacket.
- Continuity – wear a matching crop top and bottom to keep the eye flowing over your silhouette, making a slightly exposed midriff less obvious.