Staying warm and looking chic is definitely a challenge during the cooler months. So layering your clothes is key but how to do this without adding bulk?
- Choose light, thin tops as foundation garments.
- Try to limit your layers to three, especially when wearing thicker tops.
- Use a structured garment as the final layer to give shape or cinch in your waist with a belt.
- Always balance your layers with slim bottom silhouettes.
- Use different necklines, sleeve lengths and hemlines to create interest.
- Use colours to highlight your assets and disguise the parts you don’t feel confident about.
- If using a fur layer, try to minimise the area of coverage, use it as an accent.
- Keep jewellery simple, too much will distract from the layers.