The fedora was once a traditional hat for men until Diane Keaton wore one in the movie, Annie Hall in the late 1970s and it instantly became popular for women. Now with all things 70s back on trend, so is the fedora. Wearing a hat can be a tricky trend, so here are my tips on how to make it work for you!
- Consider your face shape. If you have a longer face, look for a shorter crown and if you have a short face, look for a long crown.
- Keep it balanced with your body proportions, especially your shoulders. A hat with a brim too wide can make you look shorter and wider!
- Find the perfect fit for your head, one to small will be uncomfortable and one too big will fall off.
- Contrast the hat to your hair colour for maximum impact.
- Experiment with the angles of the hat. Try styling your hat tilted to the side and wear a bold lip or tilt it to the back of your head to create a look influenced by the 80s.
- As always, confidence will be key!