Every wardrobe has a cardigan; they come in an array of shapes, sizes and designs to suit every style personality. However some styles are more flattering than others, the perfect cardigan will highlight your assets and disguise the ones that make you feel less confident. What to look for when buying a cardigan?
If you have fuller hips and thighs,
- Make sure your cardigan ends in a small point of your body, generally hip height or mid thigh is best.
- Consider a waterfall or cocoon cardigan which is more flattering than one with a straight hem.
If you have broad shoulders,
- Look for a thin knit that skims your body and ends at your waist or hips to visually create curves.
- Consider embellishments or details that draw attention away from your shoulders.
If you have tummy,
- Make sure your cardigan covers your tummy, again, generally hip height or mid thigh is best.
- Choose a cardigan that is lighter in colour than your first layer to visually disguise a tummy.
If you have a small waist,
- Look for styles that highlight your waist and create shape.
- Consider belting styles that do not have design details to flatter your waist.
images: pinterest, whowhatwear