Velvet is set to be one of the biggest trends this coming winter, it’s luxurious and sophisticated but worn incorrectly, it can look matronly or even like you are going to fancy dress party! So how to wear this tricky trend & add a touch of glam to your wardrobe?
- Simple silhouettes are key; think blazer, slip dress or skirt.
- Keep your outfit looking effortless, only wear one velvet piece at a time.
- Balance the luxe feel of velvet with raw fabrics like denim or leather.
- Consider pairing velvet with contrasting textures; think cashmere knits and jersey tops or silk blouses and satin shirts.
- Keep accessories simple as velvet makes enough of a statement.
- As always, confidence will be essential!