Whether you call it a sleeveless coat or a long vest, this outerwear garment will instantly update your wardrobe this winter but careful consideration is needed so you look fabulous not frumpy!
So how to wear this tricky trend?
The first thing to consider is your height,
- If you are tall, a longer style is best but if you are shorter, a longer style will overwhelm your frame.
- If you are shorter look for a soft fabric with drape, like knitted wool but if you are tall then you can wear a thicker fabric, think woven wool.
Next is the areas of your body you want to highlight or disguise,
- Want to hide your thighs or bottom? Look for a style that finishes in a small point, either above or below them.
- Concerned about your arms? Make sure the width of the vest stops slightly in from the edge of your shoulder.
- Want to hide a tummy? An unbelted style in a lighter colour worn with a darker colour underneath is best.
- Need to define your waist? Then a belted style is a must!
- You have a large bust? Consider a style with a deep v neckline.
- You’re petite? A style that has a deep v neckline and diagonal shaped hem is best for you.
Have a look at my Pinterest board, trending: sleeveless vest for more outfit inspiration.