Wardrobe Challenge

You’ve heard it before, women only wear 20% of the clothes in their wardrobes. What surprises me, is often in the other 80% are beautiful clothes that clients describe as their favourite pieces, yet they rarely wear them...  they are are being saved for ‘good’ or ‘special occasions’. But the reality is that by the time we give ourselves permission to wear these ‘good’ clothes they are often daggy & dated!

Why do we do this? The three most common reasons I hear are,

  1. My every day isn’t good enough to wear nice clothes.’
  2. ‘I spent too much on that to wear it every day.’
  3. ‘I love it so much I don't want to ruin it.’

Which I totally understand and at times have felt too. But really, don't you deserve to feel amazing every day! Your cost per wear decreases every time you put it on and wouldn't it be better to enjoy wearing something that makes you feel fabulous instead of leaving it hanging in your wardrobe?!

Do YOU have clothes in your wardrobe that you are ‘saving’? Next week I challenge you to wear them!

stylestaples

image: jcrew