Everybody is different because every body is different…. And that is one of the reasons I love my job! As a personal stylist, it is so rewarding to help clients appreciate their unique self & teach them to dress with ease and confidence.
Earlier this week, I saw a client whose bust size had increased since having children and it made her feel self-conscious. Luckily there are loads of ways to visually make a bust look smaller.
The easiest way to do this is by emphasising areas away from your bust.
- Wearing a darker colour top with a lighter or brighter bottom.
- Show the skin above your bust, v-necks or scoop neck tops are perfect.
- Wear larger statement necklaces to draw attention away from your bust.
- Look for tops with shoulder details, raglan sleeves or embellishments are great.
- Avoid sleeves that end at your bust, they will visually draw attention to that area.
Wear clothes that fit.
- Clothes that are too big, especially in the armhole add additional bulk, make bust look bigger.
- Clothes that are too tight will make your bust look bigger and draw attention to it.
Always remember (even if you don’t have a large bust),
- Buy the right size bra in the correct shape for your body type, it will smooth your silhouette and makes clothing fit better.
- Standing up straight with your shoulders pulled back will lift the bust, physically reducing its outward shape.