Textured fabrics have been trending for the past few seasons, so it's no surprise retailers have been quick to adopt lurex for the new season. The shimmering, shiny metallic thread is being used as a garment detail, think stripes or for those more adventurous a whole garment.
My tips for wearing this trend?
- Wear only one lurex garment and keep the other garments classic, simple or neutral.
- Look for cuts that suit your shape. Shiny fabrics will instantly draw attention to wear it is being worn, so wear it in an area you want to highlight.
- Think about your accessories, a shiny outfit is best balanced with simple accessories.
- As always try an accessory first, consider a lurex scarf.
- And, confidence will be key!!