Who hasn't bought clothes that end up hanging unworn in your wardrobe? Even if the clothing fits well when you're trying it on, there are other factors to consider in the change room before making a purchase to avoid buyer’s remorse.
- Look at the care instructions. Will you really separately hand wash the item? Dry clean only? You’ll need to consider the additional cost & hassle of a visit to the cleaners.
- When you’re standing in front of the mirror, it may fit but how does it look and feel when you sit, bend or raise your arms?
- Test the fabric. Do you find it comfortable to wear? Does the fabric crease easily? Run your finger across the fabric, does it mark easily?
- Check all the zippers work, the buttons in place and there are no loose threads.
And as always,
- Do I really LOVE it?
- Do I already have something similar?
- Will this work with other pieces in my wardrobe?